Hearts, flowers, and Hallmark cards – it’s beginning to look a lot like
Christmas Valentine’s Day! The big day is only 16 days away (and it’s a Saturday this year!) – do you have your reservations yet (or does your hubby?!). If not, we’ve got a full line-up of all the best Atlanta restaurants and their Valentine’s Day specials. You may want to shoot this post over to your significant other for a little nudge 😉
For the new couples (whether you’re newly married or just started dating, keep up the momentum with a romantic date night):
- Pink Barre Buckhead is hosting a Beaus at the Barre event at 7:45pm on Thursday, February 12! Beaus are free and complimentary beer will be served after class. Sign-up online to reserve your spot.
- Aria, located in the heart of Buckhead, will host a four-course dinner on Saturday, February 14. Enjoy chef Gerry Klaskala’s avant-garde take on fine American cuisine for $95 per person.
- Marlow’s Tavern locations will feature a special three-course prix fixe menu for $35 per person, as well as their regular American tavern fare served in a modern atmosphere.
- The Southern Gentleman will host a three-course prix fixe menu to celebrate the season of love. Dinner is $65 per person.
- Head to Atlantic Station for a multi-course meal at The Pig & The Pearl. February 13-14, lunch and dinner features a special three-course menu designed to satisfy both the seafood and smoked meat lover. The menu is available for $45 per person. In addition, there will be four seats offered at the raw bar each night for a seven-course menu personally designed and prepared by chef Todd Richards. For $85 guests will enjoy the finest oysters and caviar to the most delicious smoked meat and vegetables.
- Milkshakes at Shake Shack:This Valentine’s Day, Shake Shack is offering a special buy one shake, get one free deal, so that you and your date can both slurp on something sweet together.
- Wine Tasting at Portofino:Prolong the love this Valentine’s Day with a special bubbly tasting on Sunday, February 15. After a night of feasting on seared duck leg and lamb Bolognese, let wine expert Michael Gallant guide you through a special tasting of 12 sparkling wines presented in four flights and paired with a selection of light appetizers. The tasting is $40 per person, all-inclusive.
- BETTER HALF’s Chef Zach Meloy has created an inventive and festive five-course prix fixe menu, available on Friday, Feb. 13th, and Saturday, Feb. 14th. The dinner is priced at $80 (or $100 with wine pairings). A special Valentine’s Day Cocktail ($9) of organic vodka, campari, blood orange, cava will also be available.
- Makan is hosting a four course prix fixe dinner with bubbles and dessert for $45 per person.
- Have a dessert date night! Fifth Group Restaurants’ executive pastry chef Eric Wolitzky has thoughtfully prepared desserts for a selection of Fifth Group’s restaurants, each reflecting the concept’s culinary roots. The award-winning restaurant group’s debut concept, South City Kitchen, will offer individual cherry cheesecakes with chocolate hazelnut puddings and Rocher candies at both the Midtown and Vinings locations, while its Italian sister, La Tavola, will offer an authentic Italian cookie plate complete with fig cookies, rainbow cookies and chocolate pistachio biscotti as well as cheesecake with blood orange marmalade. Chef Wolitzky will keep things light and fun at Lure with the Rocky Road sundae topped with housemade marshmallows, hot fudge and marcona almonds and pay homage to an Italian classic at Ecco with spurmoni, layers of pistachio, chocolate and strawberry semifreddo with pistachio meringue and sponge cake.
- The Iberian Pig: The three-course chef’s tasting menu will feature signature items like roasted cauliflower soup, serrano-wrapped monkfish and copa catalan, a bruleed espresso custard served with fresh berries. The menu costs $65 per person and includes a toast with a glass of cava.
- MAX’s Wine Dive: For $60 per person, cozy up and enjoy a romantic prix-fixe menu of gourmet comfort food, including stuffed peppers, chicken fried lobster tail and NY strip, and a sweet slice of red velvet cake for two. Each couple will also receive two glasses of their choice of Prodige, Argam Temp or Argam Verdejo.
- Southern Art: Executive chef Art Smith has pulled out all the stops on this year’s Valentine’s Day three-course prix fixe menu featuring L’Ouef au caviar with locally farmed brown egg, paddlefish caviar and cornmeal blinis,smoked lobster bisque, sweet potato gnocchi & sea scallop with brown butter sauce and toasted marshmallows, braised lamb shank with pea risotto and glazed baby carrots, trio of artisanal chocolate and more. Seats are $65 per person.
- Sugo: Sugo invites couples to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a chef’s tasting menu featuring three courses and a special Valentine’s gift for $59. Guests will enjoy signature dishes such as Chicago prime steak and scallops piccata and a special “Valentine Bomba” dessert featuring gelato dipped in chocolate. Festive cocktails include the “Cupid’s Vice” made with house-infused raspberry vodka, white chocolate liqueur and cream and “Puppy Love” featuring a blend of vodka, fresh squeezed grapefruit and a sugar rim.
- Vino Venue: Celebrate being the “Perfect Pair” by sharing an intimate and exciting wine pairing experience with Vino Venue’s exclusive, three-course Valentine’s Day dinner special. Enjoy signature dishes perfectly paired with a variety of carefully selected sips from the wine bar’s extensive collection of fine wines and bubbles.
- Westside Provisions District: Love and suds are in the air this Valentine’s Day at Westside Provisions District! Beginning Friday, February 6, and running through Saturday, February 14, Westside Provisions will host “A Pint and a Purchase” shopping experience featuring all of your Valentine’s favorite retailers. Participating retailers will keep a “wish list” of your better half’s favorite things, making your shopping experience a breeze. Simply visit your stores of choice during regular business hours, shop the list and you’re done! Even better? Enjoy a complimentary pint of beer at JCT. Bar, West Egg Café or Ormsby’s with your purchase. Participating retailers include Atlanta Made, Billy Reid, Bungalow Classic, Flor, G. Gilbert, J. Crew, Jack Spade, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, KOLO Collection, Perrine’s Wine Shop, Preserving Place, Pure Barre, Steven Alan and Yeah! Burger.
For the forever couples (if you’ve been together forever and need to break out of the take-out/dine-in routine, or need an excuse to get a babysitter, indulge in a night on the town):
- Tickets On Sale Now for Valentines in the Garden!Bring your sweetheart for an elegant evening of music, dancing, desserts, cocktails, orchids and more at the most romantic spot in Atlanta, from 7-11pm. Tickets are $32/pp ($25 for members). Get your tickets here.
- Chef Christy Stone of South Main Kitchen will host a fun Valentine’s Day brunchas part of the Simple Abundance cooking class schedule on February 9 from 7-9 at The Cook’s Warehouse Brookhaven. Tickets are $55 abd include demonstration and tasting! All proceeds from Simple Abundance Cooking Classes are donated to the ACFB. The chefs donate their time and products, Cook’s Warehouse donates the space.
- Feast on a spectacular view from the 30th floor of Hilton Atlanta and an elegant dinner at Nikolai’s Roof over the weekend. The five-course prix fixe menu, prepared by chef de cuisine Stephanie Alderete, will be served in addition to the regular menu on Friday, February 13. On Saturday, February 14, only the prix fixe option will be available. The cost is $110 per person, with a four-glass wine pairing for $55 or five glasses for $58.
- Those looking for a relaxing getaway can enjoy dinner on the farm with White Oak Pastures. Dinner includes four courses for two, including an appetizer, salad, choice of entreé and dessert with a complimentary glass of Champagne for each guest. Cost is $85 per couple, $55 for singles, and those who partake in the dinner will receive 10% off lodging for the night.
- Sky High Dinner at Polaris: Treat your honey to a romantic dinner with a view on Friday, February 13, or Saturday, February 14. In addition to the regular a la carte menu, Polaris will offer a special prix-fixe menu for $55 per person featuring items such as heirloom baby beet salad, lobster cocktail, sea salt-infused filet mignon and “strawberries and champagne” dessert. Choose from optional wine pairings for $25 per person or Valentine’s Day-themed cocktails like “Old Fashioned Potion” and “Queen of Hearts”.
- Enjoy dinner and a movie with your sweetie! Catch a flick at one of the 7 venues across town showing movies for the 15th annual Atlanta Jewish Film Festival (AJFF)! The award-winning 23-day festival kicked off last night and runs through February 19 across metro Atlanta.
- 4th & Swift: For the occasion, chef de cuisine Jeb Aldrich will offer a seasonal prix fixe menu for $85. For an additional $35, guests can enjoy a carefully selected wine pairing with each course.
- The Bishop: Your favorite neighborhood restaurant invites couples and families alike to enjoy a special Valentine’s Day weekend, Friday, February 13, through Sunday, February 15. Evenings will feature a sweetheart’s prix fixe menu, along with brunch for the family on Saturday and Sunday – complete with heart-shaped waffles and champagne cocktails for the grown-ups.
- Le Bilboquet: For $80 per person, indulge in an amuse-bouche, appetizer, main course and dessert. Chef Jean Louis Sangare will prepare off-menu dishes such as lobster risotto and special long stem chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. In addition to four elegant courses, guests will be treated to a complimentary glass of Prosecco. To make your celebration even more memorable, Le Bilboquet will snap photos of you and your loved one with a vintage Polaroid.
- Saltyard is hosting a four-course aphrodisiac dinner complete with live flamenco player from 5 – 11 pm. Chef Nick Leahy’s aphrodisiac-infused menu will feature ahi tuna crudo, scallops, oysters and chocolate cake, and guests will enjoy sweet serenading from a live flamenco player from 6:30 – 10:30 p.m. Prix-fixe menu is $60 per person.
- SOUTHBOUNDwill have live music from Kelly McRae band (husband-and-wife, singer/songwriter duo)! They will feature specials including champagne poached oysters, smoked rabbit and tres leeches (and more!) in addition to the regular a la carte menu,
- STK Atlanta, known for its high-energy atmosphere, sleek and sexy décor, and delicious food and cocktails, is offering a special four-course prix fixe dinner that celebrates the best of earth and sea for $85 per person. With several choices per course, guests are invited to enjoy a selection of spectacular, dynamic surf and turf dishes created by Executive Chef Mark Alba along with wine and champagne pairings chosen by Geno Dew, The ONE Group Atlanta’s General Manager and sommelier, that will enhance the flavors of each dish for $150. Guests can take advantage of three dinner seating blocks – from 5:30 – 7 p.m., 7:30 – 9:30 p.m., and 9:30 – 11 p.m., with reservations required for each.
- Vine & Tap: For $50 per person, enjoy the “Greatest Hits” during a multi-course dinner, including an amuse, plus choice of appetizer including options like oysters or red royal garlic shrimp; then a main entree including options like lobster risotto or tagliatelli bolognese; then a dessert with choice of sorbet trio with cookie or chocolate croissant bread pudding; plus chocolate dipped strawberries. Guests can add-on additional items including wine pairings for $35 per person, $45 for bubble pairings, $45 for black truffles or $95 for caviar service with the dishes.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead:From February 1 through February 14, the hotel will present its fourth annual “14 Days of Chocolate,” a calendar inspired by rich chocolate and designed to delight guests with creative culinary celebrations of romance. 14 Days of Chocolate will end in The Café on Valentine’s Day with a special four-course dinner featuring a choice of three options for each course. The dinner will conclude with a specialty chocolate dessert such as dark hot chocolate with sugar-coated beignets, whipped cream and raspberry jam. Finally, the hotel’s luxury Romance Package features deluxe accommodations for one evening, breakfast for two in the Café, a bottle of chilled sparkling wine, chocolate covered strawberries, rose petal turndown and overnight valet parking. The package starts at $419 per night.
For all my single ladies (it’s a Saturday night, and you’d be going out anyway, but you need a spot that won’t be overcrowded with sappy couples):
- El Taco is bringing the “Stupid Cupid” celebration back for the bitter and burned on Saturday, February 14. Beginning at 5:30 p.m., join fellow single ladies and gents for unromantic food and cocktail specials that are sure to keep your own misery company. Kick off the night with a few “Jilted Juice” shots the “Rebound-a-Rita.” Keep the party going with the “Misery Loves Company” dinner special for $60 that serves up to five people and will include: salsa, guac, queso, 10 tacos and 2 desserts.
- Midtown’s HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern: from 10 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., the restaurant hosts a singles party with all-you-can-eat pizza and all-you-can-drink beer and bubbly. Tickets for the party are $29 per person in advance; $39 at the door.
- Republic Social House is hosting an 80s Dance Party beginning at 9pm, including 80s dance jams from Rare Formation Dance Crew.
- The “Swipe Right, Crawl Left” bar crawl in the Highlands will stop at Diesel, Limerick Junction, Dark Horse Tavern and Neighbor’s Pub. Registered attendees will enjoy complimentary Valentine’s Day themed shots, a Cupid photo booth, food/drink specials and a surprise perk for the registered ladies. Additionally, at 11pm Diesel will host a mini “Dating Game” hosted by local comedian Chris Marler. Ladies need to pre-register for the game and chosen participants will be selected on February 12. One lady and three men will participate in the Dating Game, and the winning couple will get a bottle of champagne and a private table.
- Cypress Pint and Plate will feature Starr Hill’s Love (Wheat Beer) on draft special!
- Aisle 5 is having a Jerry Garcia Cover Band and Starr Hill and Terrapin draft specials