“I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.”
Christmas is over (wipe the tears) which means 2015 is dangerously close. Kelly and I are committed to getting even more serious about our Road to Fitness this year, and, while we took the holidays off, it’s time to get moving. There’s only one issue…while we’re a bit heavier (thanks Christmas cookies) our wallets are a little lighter from the flurry of present buying. That’s why we want to encourage you to embrace the FREE FITNESS this year.
We’ve talked about using the city as your free gym – which really just means get out and run or do yoga in the park (the outdoors are free…) – don’t make your wallet do the heavy lifting. But for times when you need a little more structure and someone to
force help guide you in your workout, look for free fitness classes going on in your city!
Lots of gym offer the first class free. Here is a quick list of opportunities in Atlanta.
- Torq Cycle – Your first ride is on them!
- Flywheel Buckhead – Take advantage of a free ride to see if this cult classic is right for you
- Orange Theory – First session free (although we never went back after the first)
- FitWit Boot Camp Workout – Free class at any Atlanta-area location
- Free fitness classes on the Atlanta Beltline – Tons of different class options
- x3 Sports Kickboxing – First kickboxing class is free
- Unit 2 Fitness – Free Week of CrossFit, Kickboxing, and Martial Arts classes
But sometimes you need to get creative about finding these opportunities. For example, Belk (yes, the Belk known for it’s awesome selection of Lilly Pulitzer shift dresses and great sales) is having a FitFest on January 3 at locations around the South (a complete list is at the bottom of the post.) We are going to be at the Atlanta Phipps Plaza location – come join us if you’re in the area!
Belk is hosting free mini #FitFest classes: whether it’s a 15 minute fitness boot camp in the parking lot, a 10 minute yoga stretching class by the fitness apparel, or a 5 minute dance session designed to get you moving, there’s some kind of class lead by a local fitness expert. Plus,they will have shoe fittings there with experts who can help you identify what shoe is best for your foot AND your workout…something I’m looking forward to since I need a new pair of kicks.
They’re also having healthy food tastings – think granola, fruit, smoothies, juice, and protein bars. Recharge, y’all!
And in true Belk fashion there will be cosmetics sampling so you won’t leave empty handed and can stock up on any skin and body care products Santa didn’t bring you.
Let us know what other free fitness classes you find – AND if you’re going to the Belk Phipps Plaza event. We’re looking forward to getting our fitness kicked off the FREE way! 🙂
List of locations hosting #FITFEST events:
- Charlotte, NC (Southpark)
- Raleigh, NC (Crabtree)
- Greensboro, NC (Shops at Friendly Center)
- Winston Salem, NC (Hanes Mall)
- Hickory, NC (Valley Hills Mall)
- Wilmington, NC
- Charlottesville, VA (Charlottesville Fashion Square Mall)
- Dallas, TX (Galleria Dallas)
- Huntsville, AL (Brudgestreet)
- Huntsville, AL (Parkway Place)
- Birmingham, AL (Riverchase)
- Tuscaloosa, AL (University Mall)
- Jackson, MS (Ridgeland)
- Jackson, MS (Flowood)
- Greenville, SC
- Columbia, SC (Columbiana)
- Savannah, GA
- Atlanta, GA (Phipps Plaza)
- Mt. Pleasant, SC
- Florence, SC
- Statesboro, GA