In college I didn’t exactly have the healthiest lifestyle. My metabolism was still dependable (that’s changed…) and I was naturally super active (walking to class helped!) but I ate like a pig, slept weird hours and wore flip flops in the winter. If I did that these days my body would shutdown and I would die.
Turns out I was not the only Butler Bulldog who didn’t always live the healthiest lifestyle possible. Jess Spinner, an AMAZING ballerina, was going through her own health journey. She was working through a variety of different eating styles, some more healthy than others. In fact, she was switching off between periods of starvation and compulsive binging. No matter where she was — at her thinnest or heaviest, she was never happy.
As she worked through her own health journey she found she has a passion for holistic wellness mentors and a knack for coaching – and Health by Jessica was born! She told us that when she looks in the mirror today she can smile because she truly has found peace – and she wants that for everyone.
You may be wondering what a health coach is – I know I was – so here is the
ice cream scoop:
Health Coaches educate and support people to build healthy new habits and create sustainable lifestyle changes. It’s a new kind of health professional.
Her approach can be boiled down to this: She addresses all the facets of health in addition to eating – relationships, exercise, career, and spirituality – and she helps people become healthier and happier in all areas of their lives.
To do this Jess looks at two main pillars of your health – bio-individuality and primary food.
- Bio-individuality suggests that there is no one-size fits all diet for everyone. Personal differences in metabolism, and body composition determine what food will, and won’t, nurish us. For some the paleo diet gives them energy, for others a vegan lifestyle works best. Although, they don’t get to eat bacon – so can they truly be happy? Who knows.
- Primary food is about more than what you eat and then share on Instagram. It’s the combination of happy and healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, a fitness routine and a spiritual element. You may realize I didn’t say your diet – and that’s because actual food is a secondary food. Interesting approach, right?
Doesn’t this sound amazing? We think so, but we don’t want you to take our word for it because our last three posts were about cookies, donuts and champagne – so our credibility is a little low at the moment. Because of that, one lucky reader is going to win two months of free health coaching from Jessica!!!
Your program includes…
- Two 50-minute sessions per month
- e-mail support between sessions
- Recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- Coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- Simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- Access to her monthly newsletter with the latest health tips and recipes
- Her personal commitment to your health and success
How do you enter? Leave us a comment letting us know your #1 health goal! We will pick a winner on December 2nd when we share Jess’s top three tips to change your health and change your life! Best of luck!
Follow Jess on Facebook and Instagram (@healthybyjessica) for health and wellness inspiration!
Jessica Spinner is a Professional Ballet Dancer turned Holistic Health Coach. She received her training through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where she trained in over 100 dietary theories and studied practical lifestyle coaching methods. Jessica’s goal as a health coach is to support and inspire her clients to live their happiest, healthiest, most authentic lives.