It’s no secret that we love our city – and the South! We want to dedicate today’s Waylay to the activities we are most excited about in the A this week!
Did we miss anything? Drop us a note at PeachtreeRoadies@gmail.com. We would love to hear from you!!
What to do in Atlanta:
- The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill, which has one of the BEST patios in ATL, celebrates four great years in Buckhead with daily specials begin Monday, Sept. 29 and run through Saturday, Oct. 4. $4 featured appetizers, $4 select wines and $4 select drafts – see you there!
- Ecco’s “Sirens of the Sea” menu is BACK! If you ever have the strength to pull yourself away from goat cheese balls this limited-time menu beginning Wednesday, October 1, runs through Saturday, October 11. Served alongside Ecco’s traditional menu, “Sirens of the Sea” offerings tasty dishes like baby octopus escabeche with local chile, preserved tomato and Rioja vinegar, king salmon a la plancha with herb polenta. Sea(food) you there?
- Trader Vic’s Atlanta is celebrating the 70th anniversary of the world-famous Mai Tai on September 26 by taking part in a “Toast Around the World.” This toast begins at Trader Vic’s Tokyo and ends in California. Trader Vic’s Atlanta will toast at 9 p.m. with the $6.50 drink served in an anniversary keepsake glass, while supplies last. We’re not missing this one!
- On Saturday, October 25th Atlanta’s iconic Krog Street Tunnel transforms into an avant-garde European style masquerade ball. This event will “push the envelope” as guests are immersed in an unforgettable evening of cocktails, sounds by premiere Atlanta DJ Salah, and transformative vignettes behind a red velvet curtain. Not sure we know what this mean, but I do know we won’t be missing out on the fun!
- The 2014 Home for the Holidays Designer Showhouse, presented by White Oak Development, just announced the complete event schedule SQUEEEE! In addition to tours featuring rooms designed by nationally and regionally acclaimed designers they will host a much-anticipated opening party, Moonlight & Mistletoe, a book-signing event, pop-up artisan marketplace, Boxwoods Boutique, and nearly a dozen festively designed tabletops by the city’s premier home and accessories boutiques.
- The first-ever Decatur Restaurant Week kicks off this Sunday, September 28, through Thursday, October 2. Participating restaurants of the first-ever Decatur Restaurant Week include locales such as Bhojanic, Big Tex, The Bishop, Brick Store Pub, Café Lily, Cakes & Ale, Chai Pani, Harbour House Pub, The Iberian Pig, Kimball House, LEON’s Full Service, MARBAR, No. 246, Paper Plane, Parker’s on Ponce, The Pinewood, Siam Thai Restaurant, and Wahoo! Grill.
- For Atlantans who are looking for the perfect place to watch Monday Night Football, the search is over! Fans can catch all the action at Smokebelly in Buckhead while enjoying their new Monday special, 20 wings and a bucket of beer (5 bottles of Bud Light or Budweiser) for $20.
- STK has teamed up with The Global Party and will be hosting a big bash on Tuesday, September 30th from 6 to 8 p.m. benefiting breast cancer research. It will also kick off a month long initiative where STK will donate a portion of all proceeds from its Strawberry Cobbler cocktail sales to breast cancer research.