It’s almost Labor Day, which means, summer is over COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON IS ALMOST HERE! Since it stays blazing hot well through October here in Atlanta, I choose not to view Labor Day weekend as the end of summer, but as the beginning of tailgating season (GO DAWGS!). While all the fashion bloggers are sharing their picks for fall, I have been on the hunt for some new game day wear – seen any cute black, white and red looks lately? Please send them my way!
- WEAR: For game day, I’m loving this dress from My Style Vita, this shorts and top look (love the red lip and nails!) from Penny Pincher Fashion, and this dress (with a red necklace or belt) from Tiffany Style Blog. (If you didn’t know, dresses and football go hand in hand in the SEC, at UGA anyway!) I also kind of need these croakies, can’t be losing my sunglasses before the game!
- POUT: I’ve been donning a bring pink lip all summer, but football season calls for Georgia red. Some of these lip colors from Poor Little It Girl are on the list for my next Target trip.
- SLURP: JELL-O has introduced their University Mold Kits for select schools (sorry Aunt Joanie – no ND or BC molds for you!) and I’ve already scooped mine up for UGA. I think bulldog JELL-O shots will be a PERFECT addition to the tailgate this season.
- EAT: The Supper Club of the South ladies and I are on the same page! They’ve already posted their top dip recipes for tailgating and I can’t wait to try them ALL out! I would also add Loaded Baked Potato Dip to the list – it was a serious crowd pleaser at our tailgates last season.
- FOR THE DOG: This will be Louie’s first football season with us. While he won’t be making it up to Athens for any of the games, when we’re watching at home, he will definitely be wearing this bandana. And how cute would this little bow tie be? Too much?!
**If you’re an Atlanta Dawg, promote your tailgating prep and dawg-watching activities on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with these hashtags #DawgNation and #UGAalumniATL. You could win a prize from the UGA Atlanta Alumni Association Chapter for best picture!
#TBT to when we dragged Meg to a game back in 2008