We reported back in May about the next designer collab for Target – Joseph Altuzarra #ALTUZARRAFORTARGET – and now we’re back with a preview of what will be available in stores come September 14. Mark your calendars ladies, because these designer collections ALWAYS sell out quickly! Yes, there will probably be a bunch of 00’s and XXXL’s dangling on the shelves for months, but the in-between sizes definitely sell out fast.
The pieces look very high-end for the price, but one can never really tell the quality until you see the stuff in person. For these collections, I always scout out online what I like best before everything goes on sale. If I can get into the store the day everything is on sale I will, but I try to pick one that isn’t right in Atlanta, as those locations are bound to be picked over first. Plan a daytrip to your favorite suburban Target, perhaps.
If I can’t get to the store, I go online and start adding the items I was thinking about to my cart – in multiple sizes. The one thing about these designer collections is that the sizing is never the same, so I usually buy my actual size and a size up – I have found in the past that most of the designer collections run small. The best thing about Target is you have 90 days to return anything, so you can let things sit in your closet for a whole three months to see if you end up wearing anything, and if not, just take them on back! Especially since this collection is very much fall/winter (and we won’t be seeing cooler temps for a while here in Atl), take advantage of the generous return policy. Here are my top 5 picks from the collection and the full lookbook for your perusal.
- LOVE the dress and the belt – super swanky for a night out on the town and the belt could go with so many outfits!
- This velvet blazer would spice up a black pants and a blouse ensemble or any LBD.
- I’m not usually one for off-the-shoulder, but this top would look super cute with jeans and some gold accessories for fall/winter.
- This top would be perfect with a black camisole underneath for work or play this winter. The polka dot detail with the bow add a lady-like quality to the sheerness of the blouse.
- A black wrap/scarf is a staple in my winter wardrobe. I tend to like coats with color, so a black scarf is my go-to. These black wraps are understated, yet the simple details make them standout against some color.
What are you most excited about from the collection?