We can all afford to save an extra few minutes getting ready on these hot summer mornings, can we not?! We are back in the 90s this week in Atlanta, after a stretch of some cooler temps. That means my bathroom becomes a steamy 100 degrees with two people trying to get ready for work in the morning.
Here are a few ways I try to save some time in the morning so I can get out of the bathroom as quickly as possible!
- Spray-on body lotion: In the winter, I crave a thick moisturizer lotion (Eucerin Skin Calming Cream). But, in the summer, I am constantly sticky and perspiring, so something that I can spray on is a plus. I personally love the St. Ives brand (Naturally Indulgent Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract Fresh Hydration Lotion is the BEST) because of their scents, but Vaseline works just as well.
- Spray-on sunscreen: I can’t believe how many of my friends are still using that lotion stuff! Spray is such a time saver, and so much easier to apply than lotion. And, with most of them you don’t have to rub in – just spray and go. My favorite is the Wet Skin by Neutrogena because you can literally spray on wet skin, but I also get Target brand a lot too.
- CC cream: I actually wear Supergoop! CC cream year round, but it is essential for the summer. Who has time to put on multiple layers of face creams? I put on my ROC anti-wrinkle cream, concealer, and CC cream and I could be out the door with just that.
- A GOOD hairdryer: After a ton of research, and using other people’s really good (read: really $$$) hair dryers, I took the plunge and purchased a nice hair dryer – the elchim 2001 – this past spring in anticipation of the warm weather. It takes me less than 10 minutes to blow dry my hair and I have fewer fly-aways. Worth.every.penny.
- Dry shampoo: Even with a good blow dryer, some days it is just too hot to be blowing hot air. Dry shampoo to the rescue! My go-tos are Drybar’s dry shampoo for brunettes and Batiste in medium and brunette.
And when all else fails, I have a small fan clipped to my sink that blows directly on my face while I’m getting ready!
What are your secrets for getting ready in this steamy, sweaty, sweltering summer?