June is the month of travel here on Peachtree Roadies! Meg returns today from her lovely vaca in Bermuda (look for a recap and some pics on the blog next week!) and I leave tomorrow for Greece. We are just ships passing in the night over here. With all the travel we’ve been doing, I thought it would appropriate to deem this week’s #ThursdayWaylay: The Travel Edition.
Are you going anywhere fun this summer?!
- For all your on-the-go coffee needs, there is a new coffee cup coming to market – Hey Joe. This coffee mug is a thermos and brewer all in one – you just need water and the special pods. You’ll never be left to suffer with bad hotel room coffee again.
- We have an 8-hour layover in Paris on our way to Athens, so this guide of what to do with less than 24 hours in Paris is perfect! (I missed going up the Eiffel Tower on my 2007 trip to Paris, so we are making a bee-line to the Tower as soon as we land.)
- I love reading about and seeing pictures from friends’ (and bloggers’ I heart) trips abroad! I just continue adding more places to our ever-growing travel dreams list 🙂
- Here are some great tips for surviving long flights. My feet are always freezing on planes, so I am definitely going to throw a pair of socks in my carry-on this trip. I also always fly with a 32oz Nalgene bottle so I can fill it up at the water fountain before my flight. It might be a little heavy in my bag, but it’s worth it to stay hydrated, and so that I can enjoy a couple of glasses of wine before switching to water!
- The World Cup Starts today – GO USA! And while we’re not running right down to Rio for the big games, there are a bunch of places all over town hosting viewing parties. Here are our picks for where to watch:
- Der Biergarten (Opens at noon on game days with lots of food and drink specials. Head on over after work today for the kick-off party starting at 4pm.)
- STATS (Peroni is the official sponsor with $3 drafts, and obviously they have a bazillion TVs.)
- Varuni Napoli (Cheer on your team Italian style with games being played during regular business hours.)
- Zocalo (Offering happy hour prices on game days – ole!)