After a long weekend out of town to celebrate my grandmother’s 85th and my mother’s 50ish birthdays in New Jersey, and a late night of traveling back to Atlanta on Tuesday night, I am ready for a low key weekend at the lake.
Here are a few items that caught my eye this week…
- ABC is piloting a new show called Selfie: cue “lemme take a selfie!” Hmmm, I love a selfie as much as the next pre-teen girl, but a TV show? I’m not buying it…selfies should remain static on Instagram with no storylines. (Thanks to The Skimm for this news tidbit.)
- A new “dry manicure” trend could help prevent chipping, and save you 8-10 minutes in the manicure chair – my kind of mani!
- Very soon, it will be ungawdly hot out and we will be seeking recluse inside in the air conditioning. When I’m not at the pool, I like to cool off on a hot summer day by catching a movie with the A/C blasting. Here are some great pics for new movies out this summer from InsideHook.
- I have recently become obsessed with Canopy for gift-giving, especially when trying to find unique items. Canopy is an online community of Amazon-ites, where you can post your greatest Amazon finds. You can follow us on Canopy here.
- Who wears short-shorts? Apparently guys (and not just frat superstars) are “formally” wearing shorter shorts these days and in a multitude of colors. I’m not complaining.
- And finally, I have yet to shell out the $100++ on one of these new-fangled cleansing devices, but I might just give this one a whirl at a lower price point. I mean if People Magazine vouches for it, it has to work miracles, right?!
Happy almost weekend web friends!