Spring has sprung! Spring is here! Let’s all do a little cheer! Here at Peachtree Roadies, we are ready for SPRINGTIME! It’s been an unusually cold and one-day-of-warm-weather-tease kind of a winter here in Atlanta and we are ready for full-fledged shorts, sunnies, and sandals around these parts.
This time of year also brings the annual “search for the best patio in Atlanta,” until it becomes 100 degrees and all we want is an indoor restaurant with the A/C on high, but we have at least a few weeks until it’s sweltering, right? Allow us to share some of our favorite patios to inspire you for your next outdoor meal. [Note: These are in no particular order – please don’t ask us to play faves.]
- Atmosphere Bistro: We brunched here on one of the “teaser” warm days this winter and it was surprisingly lovely. Lots of wrought iron tables and seating with large umbrellas for shading the sun and the patio is pushed back a bit from Piedmont, so you don’t feel like you are eating your glamorous French cuisine right on the street. Bonus points for being able to make reservations on OpenTable with a request to sit on the patio.
- Canoe: Such a romantic spot! Get an outdoor table overlooking the river, and you will be set with the perfect backdrop for a night out with your other half. Lots of people get engaged here, it is that “special.”
- Terra Terrior: The first time I went here, I was a little skeptical – I mean it looks like nothing from the outside in a strip mall in Brookhaven. But walk in, ask to sit on the patio, and behold, a little slice of luxury right in the middle of said strip mall. The patio is a must if it’s your first time dining here and the food and service are up to snuff as well.
- Six Feet Under: If you’re looking for a more casual dinner feel with a great view of the city (rooftop patio), this is your place. (I mean most of the things on the menu are fried, so it’s that kind of place.) They are also known for their epic wait times though, so be prepared to sip a few drinks at the bar before getting a prime spot on the patio.
- Bistro Nikko: Right in the heart of Buckhead on Peachtree Street reigns Bistro Nikko and their adorbs wrap around patio with the pretty circle lights. (Our friend Katherine had her engagement photos taken here and they were beautiful!) This is the perfect patio to celebrate a special ocassion or just have a fun night out with the ladies. Reserve your spot on the patio in advance though, as there is rarely an open seat out there during the dinner rush in the springtime months.
- Family Dog: This is another more casual spot that is also a bar, so gets points for being open late. The patio is a great place to sit back and relax while enjoying a light summer beer.
- Tin Lizzy’s (Buckhead and Grant Park (yes, we’ve been to the Grant Park location, late at night, and it was cold outside….once)): While these patios are ALWAYS crowded, and don’t take reservations (I mean they totally don’t have to because people are willing to wait for hours…), they are crowded for a reason. With cheap, yummy food, cheap, yummy margs, and live entertainment most nights, it’s a one-stop-shop for a fun night out.