I’m not going to lie, usually I get super geared up for the Olympics, but this year, I’m just not feelin’ it for some reason…maybe because there has been so much controversy with Putin and Russia, and Lindsay Vonn is out? (She will be a correspondent for NBC though.) I mean, for the 2012 Summer Olympics, I was ALL McKayla.Gabby.Aly.Kyla.Jordyn.Kerry.Misty.Michael.Ryan. and of course Usain Bolt! This year, I am embarrassed to say, I don’t have any favorites, YET…so, if you’re like me and haven’t been following all the pre-Olympics coverage, I’ve put together a little overview, so we can all get caught up before the opening ceremonies on February 7.
Sidenote, I usually love all things Ralph Lauren, but the U.S. team’s outfits this year? HIDeous…I mean, what were they thinking? Hopefully they will look better in-person on TV the night of the ceremonies?!
- Here are some great images of our U.S. Team hopefuls – courtesy of TODAY.com. We have a pretty good-looking group, if you ask me!
- Here is the official Sochi schedule and the NBC broadcast schedule and you can enter your zip here to get the schedule for your area. I’m a little concerned that we’re going to get into the same predicament as 2012 with social media being ahead of the TV coverage, so be prepared to LOOK AWAY from your computer, iPhone, iPad screens if you don’t want to spoil the surprise.
- Remember Lolo Jones from track & field 2012? She’s on the bobsled team in Sochi and had to gain 20lbs to make the team!
- I’m a sucker for figure skating, so I’m pumped that it should be airing most evenings in primetime! Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner and Polina Edmunds will represent the U.S. ladies’ team – what cutie-pies! It’s crazy to believe it’s been 20 years since the whole Nancy-Tonya showdown. And a look back at our fave figure skaters from years past.
- Women will be able to enter ski jumping for the first time this year.
- This twin toilets picture has been all over the internet.
- Names to know – here is a quick list for those of you just want to be able to contribute to the office convos.
Alright, now I’m getting more in the Olympic spirit – GO TEAM USA! GO ‘MERICA!